Well, our journey from America to The Middle East was a marathon 2 day ordeal starting on Jan 30th and not ending until the wee hours of the morning on Feb 1. Sweet right? Its currently about 945 pm here which is a good 9 hour time difference from Texas. The trip went about as well as you'd expect. I managed a clean break with my family early in the morning, saving me from likely a embarrassing crying session in front of all my coworkers (my tears). However, I did see the expected crying of children and wives as we boarded the busses to wait another 6 hours before our flights left. Also, Gene Simmons from Kiss was there. A true patriot and crazy person. Reference Kyle's blog for more details.
I slept most of the flight thanks to my good friend Shlambien that I met on the flight. Ironically enough we can carry our assault rifles on board but our knifes were strictly prohibited (The TSA is retarded? Possibly).
So far Kuwait has been rather chilly and it even rained today. Not expected. Food is free and plentiful which brings me to an important story. Juice. Awal brand juice, hailing from the Kingdom of Bahrain, is the primary supplier of our juice and dairy here. Not surprising, this is the Middle East, however, I've noticed that the pineapple juice in particular recieves all of its contents from the great American state of Hawaii. We have these guys by their pineapply balls now.
The next step: American Democracy.
-Mag G
No comments:
Post a Comment