Prior to our arrival in Kuwait, I had not lifted weights in over 2 years. I also kinda hadn't done much physical activity of any kind for several months prior to our deployment. A combination of long work days to get ready to come here and laziness. Admittedly it was mostly laziness, and for those of you who know me, I was getting rather hefty. However, I have got my second, well probably my first wind in many years, to truly getting fit. And holy shit, it's working.
Five days a week, my platoon goes on a run. Granted, we have only been doing about 10-12 miles per week, but the results are noticeable. Additionally, everyone has been going to the gym to lift weights on a regular basis. Every time I go there, I see at least 10 of my guys getting jacked (although not tan). Thus fulfilling #2 of the Brawler Big Three. I have also fallen into a steady rhythm. I have been going regularly and have seen some noticeable results. On the scientifically based belt scale, I have gained about an inch and a half of belt. This equates to getting about an inch and a half thinner around the waste and is proportional to my reduction in beer belly diameter. I am getting into the best shape I have been in in years. To be perfectly honest, I have not felt as good as I do after a solid workout in quite a long time. The increased energy and highly increased sense of badassitude can usually overwhelm the massive amount of bull shit that is endured on a daily basis.
Weight lifting has becoming like a drug, not dissimilar to what love became to Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal (minus gratuitous Anne Hathaway boobs). Of course, there is a boner pill in my story too. A little something that makes the weight lifting drug, not possible, but even better. It's called Jack3D.
Boom.
This stuff is unreal. With one thimble sized, delicious, scoop, you will get a tingly sensation all over your body, and receive soo much energy, that you'll feel like never leaving the gym. Its keeping me motivated, not so much by choice, but due to the sheer amount of energy that I won't know what to do with if I don't lift heavy things for an hour. My brother, Alex, sent me my first tub a week ago, and like a good Shepard, I have been herding my flock/platoon/whoever wants to try it, towards this wonder drug (its actually a supplement, but semantics shemantics) and towards bigger pecs.
Brawler Big 3: # 2 is in the execution phase.
awesome!
ReplyDelete