Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Honey Buns

Over the past month and a half, I have been very good about laying off the soda and sweets. I have been tempted. Junk food is readily available 24 hours a day at our dining facilities. I am trying to not be a fat POS while I'm here. This is not a goal of everyone, I heard a soldier talk about how he gained 40 pounds on his last deployment. Disgusting. However, This last week I have sorta fallen off the wagon. I want back on the wagon of eating healthy and getting in good shape. We have begun to conduct missions out in Baghdad, being the sort of thing you do on deployment, and this has thrown off my running and lifting schedules. A poor excuse I know, but I have also been a little sick the last few days. Slightly better excuse. Things are finally settling down so a new campaign of healthiness is at hand.

Now on to Honey Buns. For some reason the government has bought a large amount of food and beverage for each of the Troops in our unit. All of it is garbage. Soda, energy drinks, chips, cookies, honey buns, and other terribly delicious but terribly bad for you foods have been delivered in bulk right to our doorstep. Also, everyone, except me (my roommate has gotten like 4 packages so far), has receive some box from the states filled with goodies. Also bad for me. Since I have not been feeling well this week, I have missed a few meals and instead have indulged in some Honey Buns. A delicious, glazed, cinnamon roll pastry that according to the internet, has about 320 calories and got a C- nutrition rating from some health website. I ate 2 of these yesterday. Today I ran 3 miles and I felt like a soup sandwich.

The moral of this story is, that eating junk food will severely reduce your performance. I just wish they weren't so delicious and that I still didn't have a box of 5 of them still in my room...

PS. Yeah I know my grammar sucks. I do not proof read and I have been sorta trying to write these posts so they sound like how I actually speak. For better or worse, I do not think my formal, Sosh paper tone from college is very funny.
PPS. Now that I think about it, this post isn't very funny either. I just haven't had anything cool happen to me in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment