Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So I can one day be a ghost writer for Sarah Palin

In less than a week, my unit is deploying to Iraq. I don't want to seem cliche or corny but I have been preparing for this event almost 6 years now. That at least is how long people have been telling me that I will be going there. Its been an inevitability. However, for some reason my mom is freaking out about me leaving. She's only had 5 1/2 years to mentally prepare for this moment. Maybe it's because she loves me a lot (citation needed). This has been a long time coming, and I'm ready to go. I'm not too worried either. I got excellent soldiers and well, things have changed a bit over there. In fact, we really don't know what we will be doing yet. That doesnt worry me though. So, if everyone could please stop worrying about me, that would be pleasant.

So yeah, I'm writing a blog. I figured this might be a good way to prevent boredom and maintain my sanity. The real reason my friend and coworker, Dan and I are writing this blog is to shamelessly profit from our tour by attemting to sell our satirical ramblings for a book deal. I also would like to use this opportunity as a tryout. A tryout to become a ghostwriter for Sarah Palin's next book. Lets face it, she didn't write any of her own shit.

This is my first post of many. My next shall be from Kuwait. Unfortunately I will be there for the Superbowl, but thankfully its being played by two teams I dont care about. I'll be sure to drink a near beer or two to all of you to celebrate (if we can).

-Aaron "Magnum G" Guaderrama

PS: Yeah, I know no one gets or has heard of that nick name.

No comments:

Post a Comment